With reference to Google's policy changes and how everything you do with your Google account will be tied together into their super-cauldron of information, you will probably want to clear your Google Web History out - if you turned that feature on - before month's end. After that, you won't be able to clear it, and everything you search for will be connected with your account.
To check settings and/or clear out your Web History:
1. Go to Google. If you aren't signed in already, do so.
2. In the top right-hand corner you'll find your email address or name, perhaps an icon if you have a Plus account, and a little downward facing arrow. Click on the arrow and a menu will pop up.
3. Click to 'Account Settings'. This will take you to a page called 'Accounts'. (If you have a Plus account, you might go via a Plus sign-in page.)
4. Scroll down to a section called 'Services'. Here you'll find an option called 'View, enable, or disable web history', which has a link next to it. Click on the link.
5. If you never turned web history on, you'll get a page asking if you want to turn this service on. Just click 'No Thanks' and all is good. If you did turn it on, you should have a list of your searches. At the top there is a button that says 'Remove All History'. Click this and follow the instructions which will remove all items from your Web History and pause the feature so nothing else will be added in future.
Also, you can completely remove Web History as a service from your account by clicking THIS LINK, checking the tick-box and confirming you want to remove Web History. To be safe, it is probably best to do the steps above first to remove any history that might have already been collected.
I haven't gone skiing since 1997. and I'm so excited! I positively adored it as a kid. I'm not a stellar skier by any means, so I'll be working on that.
Now, since you all probably had your share of Christmassy fics this December, allow me to point you to two adorable ski fics where Harry and Draco go skiing. Both were prompted by me (I like tying all my obsessions together with a nice little bow) and done for Advent countdown by faithwood and asnowyowl respectively (both very very talented ladies). Enjoy:
A Light Surprise by faithwood
Can't wait for the hd_holidays</lj> reveals when I get back!
I hope year 2009 is a good one for everyone. Happy new year flist!
- Current Mood: bouncy
- Current Music:Girls Aloud - Miss You Bow Wow
Welcome to the 2008 edition of getting to know your friends! Try not to be lame and spoil the fun! If you get tagged, copy this entire survey and paste into your own blog, change all of the answers so that they apply to you. Etc, etc, etc...
( Click for the memageCollapse )
Cheryl made me do this and is entirely responsible for my new wild rickety knowledge of lj-cutting. If for some reason I start posting shoddy art or, heaven forbid, writing fiction as a result of these new powers you know who's to blame.
I use my right not to tag (mainly since adding lj linkage to this part seems to add very odd html bits to my post and is driving me nuts).
- Current Mood: groggy
- Current Music:Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah
So there, an intro post to make this page... fuller? Less empty? Somesuch.
- Current Mood: awake
- Current Music:Rufus Wainwright - Rules And Regulations